This Bulletin is part of an on‐going series by Kraeber Law Office to provide helpful hints about developments in the law that could be relevant to your business.
Do you have an up‐to‐date Employee Handbook? Some of the important benefits of a well‐written, clear, and comprehensive handbook that is updated yearly include:
- Communicates important information about your company to employees and establishes clear procedures and policies for a variety of workplace situations.
- Provides guidance to employees on personnel matters such as leaves of absence and benefits.
- Sets out performance expectations and communicates company procedures when discipline is necessary.
- Helps keep an employer from handling similar workplace circumstances in different ways that can result in lawsuits against the employer. Many employment lawsuits are based on the perception an employee is singled out and treated differently from others. Consistency can alleviate much of that risk.
- Helps ensure compliance with wage and hour requirements such as meal and rest breaks, overtime, paid sick leave, and the like.
Contact us with any questions or concerns. We’re here to help.