Litigation & Administrative Hearing Representation in the Bay Area & Throughout Northern California
Conflicts are inevitable in business. Sooner or later, your company is bound to find itself in an irreconcilable dispute. At Kraeber Law, our goal is to avoid litigation whenever possible. When resolving a matter in court becomes a necessity, our Brentwood employment litigation lawyers are ready to step in and deal with it.
Our team has a complete understanding of federal and state employment laws and routinely represents employers in disputes involving alleged employment discrimination, sexual harassment, retaliation, breach of contract, wrongful termination, wages, and more.
Sometimes lawsuits are unavoidable. When that happens, you will need an experienced team to fight for you in and out of the courtroom. We have represented businesses of all sizes in a wide variety of employment law disputes. Our emphasis is strong communication with you throughout your case
Our Brentwood employment litigation attorneys can represent you in cases involving:
- Wrongful Termination. California is an at-will state, meaning, in general, the employment relationship can be ended at any time for any reason, so long as that reason is legal. Wrongful termination claims can arise from a variety of scenarios in which the terminated employee believes the motivation for the termination was unlawful.
- Employment Discrimination. California employers cannot discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, and a variety of other “protected classes, ” including during the recruitment process, during employment, and at termination These are serious allegations that require a vigorous response.
- Sexual Harassment. Lawsuits based on allegations of sexual harassment in the workplace have existed since the 1970’s and have escalated every year since, including the “me too” movement that began in the 2000’s. Establishing appropriate policies and procedures, and defending against such complaints and lawsuits should be a major concern of every employer.
- Retaliation. In California, retaliation against employees for raising a variety of issues is unlawful. Such unlawful retaliation can take a number of forms, including termination, demotion, and wage reduction. Compliant policies and procedures should be in place, as well as the ability to defend against such allegations.
- Breach of Contract. Whether it is an employment agreement or a business operations agreement, contracts should be tightly drawn and enforceable, and the company needs to be poised to enforce when informal resolution is not possible.
- Unfair Competition. The state’s unfair competition laws bar businesses from a variety of unlawful actions such as false advertising and fraudulent practices that give them a competitive advantage. Kraeber Law can provide vigorous representation when litigating these serious allegations.
- Wage and Hour Disputes. Local and state labor laws are complex and result in Labor Commission claims on a very regular basis. The attorneys at Kraeber Law regularly represent employers before this administrative agency as well as in state and federal court.
Employment Law Specialization
Although we are able to help you with a wide variety of services, we have specialized in employment law since 1991. We understand the ever-changing laws and know how to use the laws to defend your rights.
100 Years of Experience
We are a team that brings over 100 years of combined experience to the table. Put our knowledge on your case's side.
Communication is Key!
We strive to give our clients the best communication they have ever experienced when working with an attorney. Even when there is no news, you deserve an update.
We promote a strong attorney-client relationship which begins the moment we have an initial consultation all the way up to the end of your case and beyond.