Experienced Guidance Throughout the Bay Area
California wage and hour laws are extremely complex and represent a minefield of potential problems – many of them inadvertent. Even unintentional violations of these rules can leave your company vulnerable to costly wage and hour disputes.
The lawyers at Kraeber Law Office are prepared to provide guidance and tailored recommendations that will help your business comply with all local, state, and federal labor regulations. Our accomplished team has over 100 years of collective legal experience and has assisted businesses throughout California. We provide personalized assistance with matters involving worker classifications, paid time off, overtime, commission plans, meal and rest breaks, and the multitude of other personnel issues facing employers every day.
Meal & Rest Break Laws in California
California labor laws include extremely specific and complicated requirements for employees’ meal and rest breaks. Strict compliance is mandatory and the penalties for failing are serious.
Worker classification issues include employee vs. independent contractor and exempt vs. non-exempt. Both inquiries are complicated and confusing. Employers are required to understand and implement only lawful classifications, and the consequences for being wrong are substantial. Kraeber Law is ready, willing, and able to explain the classifications and assist in making the correct choices for your company.
We can work to resolve any inadvertent or existing misclassification problems before they become potential litigation issues.
California Overtime Laws
Calculating entitlement to and the amount of overtime compensation for non-exempt employees is a necessary yet complicated undertaking for most employers. Overtime pay requirements also vary by local ordinance in many locations. Also, many employers desire non-standard methods of paying employees. Kraeber Law can assist with achieving your company’s goals while ensuring you remain in compliance with the labor laws. Issues also arise with employees that engage in unauthorized overtime work and timekeeping (clocking in and out).
Call for Help With Overtime Compensation in California
Our legal team is extremely familiar with California’s overtime rules and can help your company become and remain compliant with the applicable laws.
How To Sue For Unpaid Wages
Suing for unpaid wages in California requires taking specific steps to assert your rights as an employee. Below is a guide on how to sue a company for not paying you:
- Understand your rights: Familiarize yourself with California wage and hour laws, including minimum wage requirements, overtime rules, meal and rest break regulations, and other relevant provisions. This will help you determine if your employer violated any of these laws.
- Document your unpaid wages: Keep a record of all hours that you have worked, including regular hours, overtime hours, and any missed meal or rest breaks. Make note of any instances where your employer failed to pay you according to the law or withheld your wages.
- Consult with a Brentwood wage and hour lawyer: It's important to seek guidance from an experienced wage and hour lawyer who can evaluate the details of your case and provide personalized advice. At Kraeber Law Office, our wage and hour lawyers have served the Bay Area and throughout California since 2012, and we have decades of experience in handling unpaid wage claims.
- File a wage claim: Before proceeding with a lawsuit, you may need to file a wage claim with the California Division of Labor Standards Enforcement (DLSE) or the federal Department of Labor (DOL), depending on the specific circumstances of your case. This initiates an investigation into your unpaid wages by the appropriate agency.
- Explore settlement options: In some cases, employers may be willing to negotiate a settlement to resolve unpaid wage disputes. Your attorney can help negotiate on your behalf to recover the wages owed to you.
- Pursue legal action: If a settlement cannot be reached or if the settlement offer is inadequate, your wage and hour lawyer can guide you through the process of filing a lawsuit against your employer. This may involve gathering evidence, preparing legal documents, and representing you in court.
Talk To A Wage Theft Lawyer At (925) 319-5791
By working with our Brentwood wage and hour lawyers at Kraeber Law Office, you can benefit from our extensive experience in handling unpaid wage cases. We have a deep understanding of California wage and hour laws and are dedicated to protecting the rights of employees. Our experienced attorneys will fight for the compensation you deserve.
If you believe you have been a victim of wage theft or are seeking to file an unpaid wages lawsuit, contact our wage theft lawyers for a consultation. We are committed to providing effective legal representation to employees throughout California, and we will work tirelessly to help you recover the unpaid wages you are owed.
If you believe you have an unpaid wages lawsuit, call (925) 319-5791 for experienced counsel.
Employment Law Specialization
Although we are able to help you with a wide variety of services, we have specialized in employment law since 1991. We understand the ever-changing laws and know how to use the laws to defend your rights.
100 Years of Experience
We are a team that brings over 100 years of combined experience to the table. Put our knowledge on your case's side.
Communication is Key!
We strive to give our clients the best communication they have ever experienced when working with an attorney. Even when there is no news, you deserve an update.
We promote a strong attorney-client relationship which begins the moment we have an initial consultation all the way up to the end of your case and beyond.