This Bulletin is part of an on-going series by Kraeber Law Office to provide helpful hints about developments in the law that could be relevant to your business.
Happy New Year!!
To get your New Year started off right, we recommend a review of your current policies and procedures to make sure that they are up to date and compliant with the latest laws.
Below are some, but by no means an exhaustive list, of items that should be reviewed:
- Have you implemented any new policies that might require a signature by the employee(s)?
- Are your files up to date with reviews?
- Are you current with the minimum wage requirements?
- Are mileage reimbursements being paid at the most current rate?
- Are you compensating employees for the use of their personal cell phones for work-related activity?
- Are you providing pay transparency in your job postings, including any created through third parties?
- Are you up to date/compliant with the expanded job-protected leave laws?
If you have any questions on these or any other policies or would like us to review and revise your current employee handbook, please give us a call at (925) 319-5791 today.